Thursday 13 January 2011

Google workshop (Newcastle, March)

I am running a workshop "All about  Google" for UKeiG in Newcastle on March 31st. Details and booking forms are available on the UKeiG web site at http://www.ukeig.org.uk/trainingevent/all-about-google-regain-control-search-karen-blakeman

I wrote the title and description a few months ago before Google really started going to town with messing up search results, so the subtitle "regain control of search" now seems a tad over-optimistic! Readers of this blog and Phil Bradley's  (http://philbradley.typepad.com/phil_bradleys_weblog/) will know what I mean. Just search on Google in both for recent news and comments on what Google is currently up to.  Nevertheless, I will be going through the key search features, types of search, and recent developments in Google search - there will probably be even more changes by the end of March - and there will be plenty of time for you to try out 'stuff' for yourselves.

A reminder that I also run in-house workshops so if you have several members of staff you would like trained, let me know. I can come to you.

2 comments:

  1. Hi ... typo in Phil's URL ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks. Errant parenthesis at the start of the underlying link! Now corrected.

    ReplyDelete